We cannot stress enough the importance of good, professional air conditioner maintenance. This is especially the case in Florida, a state where the majority of residents use their air conditioners for ¾ of the year, if not more often. Routine maintenance is vital to getting the very best performance that your cooling system has to offer.
It’s natural that you might question the value of maintenance. However, we’d like to give you a basic understanding of just what occurs during this regular check-up so that you know how important it really is. Keep reading to learn more about what your HVAC professionals actually do during maintenance.
- Adjustments: In order to ensure that your AC system is able to distribute cooled air successfully through your home, sometimes your blower components must be adjusted and cleaned. This allows your system to maintain even cooling throughout your home.
- Lubricating Moving Parts: This protects your AC system’s components from damage, and also eliminates excessive friction that can negatively impact your system’s energy efficiency.
- Tightening Electrical Components: The electrical connections of your air conditioner, when installed and serviced correctly, help your system operate safely. The voltage and current on the motors in your system should be measured during maintenance, to ensure safety now and for the years to come.
- Checking Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is not a fuel source, and therefore should not be depleted at any time. If you are losing refrigerant, then you have a leak, and this can create considerable damage to your entire air conditioning system.
- Checking System Controls: Are your system’s controls all operating as they should? Having your HVAC professionals check this will ensure that the system is able to start up properly ad shut down as it should.
Don’t delay, if you haven’t scheduled your annual maintenance appointment in Conway, FL yet, now is the time to do so. Call Southeast Air & Heat today!